Mobile is forcing enterprises to open up. With the advent of BYOD, tablet enablement of field organizations and mobile consumer initiatives, organizations need simple ways to expose internal information and services to mobile apps on the outside.
Traditional middleware isn’t optimized for mobile. It can’t handle the conversion to mobile protocols or performance optimization for mobile connections. It also fails to provide policy controls for governing how apps interact with corporate-owned resources inside the enterprise and cloud. As for managing identity and access, traditional middleware fails to provide a bridge from SSO, SAML and legacy identity systems to mobile-friendly frameworks like OAuth, OpenID Connect and Java Web Tokens. That is why Layer 7 is introducing the SecureSpan Mobile Access Gateway.
The SecureSpan Mobile Access Gateway builds on the API security and connectivity of Layer 7′s industry-leading family of Gateways for the hybrid enterprise, with new mobile-specific features like support for streaming protocols, notification services, geofencing and social proxy. The Mobile Access Gateway gives enterprises a fast, secure and reliable way to allow mobile developers and mobile apps access to internal information while insulating them from network, application and identity mismatches.
Some of the benefits include:
- Identity: Extend enterprise LDAP & SSO to Mobile Access frameworks like OAuth, OpenID Connect and JSON Web Tokens
- Security: Protect mobile REST and OData APIs against attack, build custom geofencing policies and proxy mobile streaming protocols like WebSockets and XMPP
- Adaptation: Translate and orchestrate backend information services into mobile ready formats like JSON and REST
- Optimization: Aggregate, pre-fetch and cache data retrieval calls for improved performance
- Integration: Simplify integration with notification services and external cloud services
If you want to learn more or get a demonstration of the product, contact us at email@example.com.