The API economy is exploding, mobile devices are proliferating across the workplace and large organizations are moving critical IT infrastructure to the cloud. This is creating incredible demand for the technology necessary to securely connect with external developers, mobile apps and cloud services. Layer 7 is at the cutting edge of this red-hot market.
Deloitte calls us one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America. Gartner and Forrester rave about our products. We have been profitable every quarter for more than three years and we are growing rapidly. Our customers include over 250 leading organizations worldwide, including Cisco, Adobe, Best Buy and the US federal government.
Our industry-leading Gateway products make it simple for these organizations to share data with customers, mobile apps and cloud services like Salesforce or AWS. Delivered as hardware networking appliances or as software, our products are helping large organizations open up to the Web, mobile networks and the cloud, without jeopardizing security or performance.
Applying to Layer 7 Technologies
Resumes will be reviewed as received. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those in consideration will be contacted.
For all positions, send your resume and cover letter in text, Microsoft Word or PDF format, referencing your area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
QA Analyst – One-Year Contract
Layer 7 Technologies is seeking an Intermediate QA Analyst for a one-year contract, to cover employee leave. The ideal candidate:
- Has worked in a QA department for at least four years, performing a mix of manual and automation-based product testing
- Is comfortable performing a variety of tasks – from product testing to functional specification review, documentation, third-party software installation/configuration and server setup/configuration – and should be comfortable performing these tasks independently
- Should have experience using automated testing tools (either running automated scripts or creating test artifacts) and/or experience in performance testing
- Thrives in a formal QA environment – where overall release and testing processes are defined enough to give structure – and enjoys owning tasks “from cradle to grave”
- Participate in all aspects of testing an XML-based security product, including functional review, test planning, environment setup, test case creation, bug creation and validation, functional and regression testing
- Design, deploy and maintain testing environments (both real and virtual) for security, performance and functionality testing
- Install and maintain third-party software products
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise, often at a low level
- Perform functional test case automation
- Actively contribute to growing knowledge base for our product and interface with our support team
- Produce internal documentation for QA
- Four-or-more years experience in a formal software QA environment
- Comfort working in Windows and command-line Linux environments
- Solid understanding of XML and communication protocols including SOA, HTTP, SSL and JMS
- Familiarity with general networking principles and domains
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Fitnesse automated testing framework, Froglogic Squish or Selenium automation tools
- A year or more of development experience in either Java, C# or Perl, developing test scripts in a QA environment
- Experience performance/load testing high-throughput server environments
- Experience working with virtual environments (VMware) and/or cloud-based deployments
- Familiarity with WIKI products, Bugzilla and SOAP-based testing tools
Return to List of Current Positions >>